Monday, August 25, 2008

Flickr Experience

Ok, so the next task in this Learn & Play journey involved becoming familiar with a site called Flickr. This is one site that I have very surprisingly never used or even heard of before! I was even more amazed of my ignorance when I began exploring the site and learning just how useful and cool everything it offers can be.
I started by just taking the tour and seeing what it had to offer. After I finished that I was very interested in seeing if it all was as easy as the site made it sound. So I signed up for an account myself and uploaded one of the pictures from a recent trip that I happened to have in my e-mail. The upload went incredibly smooth and so did the editing and making a description of it. You can see the finished product here (original on top, edited on bottom).




















As you can see, the edited picture looks much more colorful. I'd have to say it's the most photo editing i've ever done, and it's not half bad if I do say so myself, lol.
While on my Flickr exploration I also took a look at some popular pictures that were randomly brought up. Here are a couple of my favorites:

Well, that's it for this blog but I have a strong feeling my time with Flickr has only just begun!

No comments: