Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ravelry Site

So I was discussing some how far technology has come with Cathy Williams while in the branch today and she happened to mention one of the online communities she belongs to called Ravelry.com. The more she told me about this site the more intrigued I was to learn that it was a site for people who knit! It's a place where you can share what you're working on, what you've done, even what kind of yarn you're using! I was so amazed by all this and still am excited that the web has been expanded to groups such as these. It really made me think of all the possibilities that are out there! That's it for my short post on how the internet continues to amaze me:-)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Ravelry is such a great website! It really draws the knitting community together and it's a way for knitters to find each other in real life too.

Plus all of the patterns are in a database now, making it easier to find free ones!